Wednesday, October 3, 2007

First Haircut

I know I promised more pics from Florida, but yesterday was Gavin's first haircut, and I am so excited, I had to post this first!

Here's the new look:

I didn't get any shots of the actual hair cut experience because I was too busy trying to prevent wiggling. Daddy waited in the car doing emails because he "doesn't like going into woman's places." I knew there was a reason I wanted him to come in... Oh, well. Gavin did get this really cool certificate, and his hair cut was complimentary!


To the hairdresser's surprize, Gavin sat on the booster seat and even showed her how he can comb his own hair. They had a special child clipper, called a Peanut, which she let Gavin check out prior to his haircut. He attracted the attention of most of the other stylists and several clients. As always, he thrived on being the center of attention!

This morning, he spent extra time combing and sytling his new 'do.







I have to admit, I am sad that his beautiful blond curls are gone. Numerous books and articles prepared me for how emotional it would be to stop breastfeeding...that I would be depressed about my little baby growing up. After 13 months, though, I was happy to have him fully weaned and excited about his growing independence. This haircut, on the other hand, has really made me teary-eyed (figuratively, anyway) about Gavin getting older. He even has an "official" paper stating that he's a BIG KID now!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Gavin looks very handsome with his new haircut. He is growing up so fast!!

Amy said...

I agree, he does look very handsome! And one thing I've learned over the past 8 months with Hayden is that you're never really prepared for the emotion you feel. I'm sure weaning will be the same way. . . some days now even, I can't wait til he's done and other days I know I'm going to miss it!