2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black peper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatos, undrained
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic to pan; saute 5 min. Stir in cumin and next 7 ingredients (through red pepper); cook 1 min stirring constantly. Add 1 1/2 cups water, tomato paste, chickpeas, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 mins. Stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
Since I didn't take any pictures tonight (and I know that's why you look at my blog), here are a few from earlier this week. He's playing with Daddy's hat and one of the stuffed peas from his peapod. "Peapod" is a new favorite game...I'll explain that next time, along with some video footage of Gavin playing.




1 comment:
I'll have to try that recipe--sounds yummy!
Post a Comment