Thursday, November 8, 2007

15 Months

As usual, I'm a little late getting this posted... Gavin turned 15 months old on Thursday, and he had his well-baby check-up.

Here are the stats:

Weight: 24 lbs (45th percentile)
Height: 31.5 in (65th percentile)

It still amazes me how quickly he changes, grows, and learns. His vocabulary is expanding and his pronunciation is really improving. "Hi, Macy" actually sounds like "hi, Macy" instead of just "hi, Ma." Watching football on Sunday, I swear he said "go Bears!"

He impressed me over the weekend (not hard to do) when Chuck asked if he wanted to read Cleo. Gavin responded, "na." So Chuck asked him again, and again he said "na." Then Chuck asked if he wanted to read Itsy Bitsy Spider, he went and found the book and brought it over to read. I was shocked that he understood so much - I guess I haven't been giving the little guy enough credit!

He's always been independent, and is getting more so every day. This month, he is rebelling against clothing. At least he's willing to wear a diaper...











In case you're wondering, he got into the rocking chair by himself - quite easily, in fact.

Socks and shoes are the most difficult to get on him because he insists on doing it himself. The problem is he's just not very good at it yet. On the positive side, trying to put his socks and/or shoes on can keep him entertained for a good 20 mins!






Also of note this month, he has discovered that crayons are for coloring (not just eating).

He's definitely all boy, and crazier than ever. Here are a few pictures of playtime, wrestling with his stuffed dog, Howie...




















I think I've said - or at least thought - this every month, but this age is definitely the most fun so far!

1 comment:

Amy said...

This makes me excited for us to get to 15 months! Gavin looks so adorable sitting in his chair reading. That is too cute!