I'm really excited about the cool weather, and this morning seemed like a great opportunity to enjoy the autumn leaves at Monte Sano State Park. Gavin had the whole playground to himself, and he took full advantage of it!
This park has a play area that just right for toddlers, and it was great to see Gavin climbing around on the playground equipment -- and even better to sit back and watch without constantly needing to "rescue" him from danger.
Of course, Gavin still likes to play with rocks, twigs, etc., but they go in his mouth a lot less. He spent quite a bit of time this morning studying the different colored leaves and collecting acorns.

Back at the playground with a favorite leaf...

Gavin went down the smallest of the slides a few times, but he still wasn't sure if he liked it. Here he is contemplating another trip down.
Here's some footage of him crunching through the leaves. I thought that all this fresh air and exercise would lead to a big nap when we got home...silly me, because instead he decided to skip his nap.







2 comments:
It looks so pretty there--I love all those leaves!
We'll definitely have to get together in December when I'm back in Huntsville for the marathon. If you can get in a few long runs, you *might* be able to do the marathon, but 4 weeks isn't a real long time. And you wouldn't want to get injured! If they offer a half marathon, you could totally do that!
I know...actually, I was thinking about it a month or so ago, and I decided then that 8 weeks wasn't enough time to get ready - unfortunately they don't have a half marathon. I think I might try one this spring (then I am hoping to have another boy...or girl!).
Look forward to seeing you. I can't wait to meet Hayden!
Post a Comment