It's been two months since Gavin started swimming lessons through Infant Swimming Resource, and today was his last day.

Swimming has been a really wonderful experience in many ways. Of course, Gavin has learned survival skills which was the objective of the lessons, but we've had other unexpected benefits as well. For one thing, it taught me that I could be ready to leave the house at 7:30 everyday, that I actually liked it, and that we immediately managed to fill those extra hours of the day. Also, Gavin loved the physical activity and he gained so much confidence! I believe that it has helped with his coordination in other activities, too.
So, while I'm waiting on the "official" video and photos - including underwater and fully clothed - here's a sneak peek of Gavin showing off his skills. I didn't get much today because he was in a strange mood. For some unknown reason, he didn't want to get in the water and he cried and complained for most of his lesson. Maybe he knew it was the last day...
For those of you with young children, this program is amazing, and I highly recommend it! Infants 6-12 months are taught to rollback and float, and over 12 months are taught a swim-float-swim sequence. By the completion of the lessons, the child can perform this sequence fully clothed and without any cues until they find an exit from the body of water. Really amazing stuff!

1 comment:
Wow, that is amazing! I'll have to see if I can find that program near us. Gavin looks cute sitting poolside!
Post a Comment