After months of hot, humid weather, we finally invested (all of $6) in a baby pool. With Gavin fully mobile and getting into everything, I thought the pool would keep him safely entertained so that I could sit back, relax, and just watch him play. As much as he loves playing in the bathtub, it never occurred to to me that he might dislike the pool. So I plopped him in, expecting an hour or so to enjoy my glass of wine and actually talk with Chuck... I don't know if it was the slightly deeper, or slightly cooler water, but the instant I put him in, the screaming started.
So I put on my bathing suit and decided we'd try again. He held on to me for dear life for about the first minute...until he became too distracted splashing around and "forgot" he needed to hold on. It didn't take long for him to build confidence, and 30 minutes later, he was screaming when I tried to take him OUT of the pool.


No comments:
Post a Comment